Thamel Sightseeing on Rickshaw | Half Day Tour
- Experience the bustling streets of Kathmandu on Rickshaw
- Discover authentic Nepali food
- Live a day like a local
- Visit Kathmandu Durbar Square
If you are a wanderer and are keen to experience local lifestyle and culture, then board on a half day rickshaw ride with us. Rickshaw is a 3 wheel fancy decorated cycles, embedded with extra seats at the back with a curved roof. On this half-day rickshaw tour, you will be passing through narrow streets of Thamel and Basantapur area, where you will witness historical monuments, religious Hindu/Buddhist shrines, traditional local alleys, and market.
Our tour leader will pick you up at your hotel, Upon arrival at the hotel/pickup point, a full briefing will be given by the tour leader. Our knowledgeable guide will be hosting you through the narrow lanes, stopping at several souvenirs shops where you can also get a chance to shop locally crafted goods. Make a number of short photo stops and learn about the history of each place visited. After the tour, we will stop at Nepalese local restaurants located at UNESCO site for lunch and welcome drink. After lunch, you will be dropped back to your hotel.
|9:00 AM||-Pickup from hotel/pickup point
– Ride along the narrow alleys of Kathmandu
|10:00 AM||-Reach destination
-Tour around with local guide
-Have authentic Nepalese lunch
|12:00 PM||-Drop to hotel|
Please drop your message below!
- Rickshaw and driver
- Nepali lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry fees to Durbar Square
- Sightseeing tour as per the itinerary
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- No safety-related mishaps have been noted till date, but it is always best to keep things you carry tight to yourself
- Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015. The rebuilding of the heritage site is still on progress
- If you are interested in other historical and religious sites around Kathmandu, would love to try the food you crave, and learn about what interests you most. Let us know your specific interest, we will design an impromptu tour for you.