Nepal Visa Application
In Nepal, tourists can get visa on arrival. Visa on Arrival is available from Nepal’s International Airport, Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA). For Indian tourists, visa on arrival can be obtained from point of entry as well. You can also obtain your visa in advance from Offices of Nepal’s Diplomatic Missions in your country.
Visas obtained on Arrival at the Entry and Exit points are ‘Tourist Visas’. They bear multiple Reentry facility. Tourist Visa ‘On Arrival’ is the only entry visa to Nepal. If you are visiting Nepal for the purposes other than Tourism (sightseeing, tour, travel, mountaineering, trekking, visiting friends and families), you should still get ‘ Tourist Visa’ to get into the country. However, you must change the category of visa as per your purpose and length of stay in Nepal from Department of Immigration by producing required documents.
Please follow these simple procedures for Tourist Visa on Arrival at the airport (TIA) if you have not acquired Visa prior to boarding the plane.
- Fill in ‘ Arrival Card ‘
- Fill in Online ‘Tourist Visa ‘form ( you can fill it up prior to your arrival visiting our official website Department of Immigration / fill it up using Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport). If you fill it from the website, you will get submission Receipt with barcode, please print it out and bring it along for acquiring visa. It works for fifteen days and becomes invalid then after. If so, you will have to fill it up again.
- Make payment at the bank according to your visa requirement ( 15/30/90 Days)
- Get the receipt
While you can use different modes of payments (at the visa fees collection counter), we advise you to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
On Arrival Visa Fee
15 Days – 30 USD
30 Days – 50 USD
90 Days – 125 USD
- Proceed to the Immigration Desk with your online form, payment receipts and your passport
- Hand in your documents to the immigration officer for visa processing. He/she issues a visa to you upon his/her satisfaction.
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
- Children below 10 years except for US citizens
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizen (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year. Afghan citizens are eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of the Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request a concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with the Department of Immigration to get you Gratis Visa ‘On Arrival’.
- Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder ( issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals
Officials from China, Brazil, Russia and Thailand do not need Entry Visa based on reciprocal visa waiver Agreement
Documents needed for Visa:
- A valid passport
- Application form (the form is available at the airport)
- Visa fees
While most of the tourists can obtain their visa on arrival, some of the countries namely Nigeria, Ghana, Afganistan, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Swaziland, Iraq, Ethiopia, Liberia, etc. are requested to obtain their visa prior to their visit from Nepalese Embassies from their respective countries.
- The tourist visa extension is done for minimum of 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
- In the case of delay less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day as late fine.